Total Attorneys Fees & Sanctions: $558,255.36 + Smith's Appeal costs (TBD)
(not including interest)
Total Bonds Paid: $524,883.66 (Ingenuity vs Doe $237,583.66; Lightspeed v. Smith $287,300)
List of all monetary awards to defendants
- AF Holdings vs Trinh
- Guava vs Merkel
- AF Holdings vs Joe Navasca
- Ingenuity13 vs John Doe
- AF Holdings vs Chowdhury
- Awarded $64,180.80 against AF Holdings LLC, Prenda Law, Inc, John Steele, Paul Duffy, Paul Hansmeier and Mark Lutz in attorneys fees in the amount of $21,393.60 in attorneys fees, trebled for sanctions on October 22, 2013.
- STATUS: Unpaid. Motion for contempt filed December 24, 2013 denied; motion to certify judgement filed January 31, 2014. Appealed/motion to stay by Steele and Hansmeier. Stay denied; judgment now collectable.
- Lightspeed Media Corporation vs Anthony Smith
- Entire judgement jointly and severally liable between Lightspeed Media Corporation, Paul Duffy, Paul Hansmeier and John Steele
- Defendant awarded $72,367.00 in Attorney's fees (plus $7,236.70 in March 2014 -> $79,603.70)
- AT&T awarded $118,766.76 in Attorney's fees, and $870.29 in costs ($119,637.05 total) (plus $11,963.75 [sic] in March 2014 -> $131,600.80)
- Comcast awarded $57,144.28 in Attorney's fees, and $806.98 in costs ($69,021.26 total) (plus $6,902.13 in March 2014 -> $75,923.39)
- STATUS: Ordered November 27, 2013, unpaid. Motion for contempt filed December 27, 2013. Appeals filed by Duffy, Hansmeier, Steele. Following a hearing on February 13, 2014, an order filed on March 24 reaffirmed the order, imposed 0.13% interest on the unpaid amount (about $339/year for the original amount), added 10% to the amounts ($26,102.58 total), and if the amount is unpaid by March 31, added a penalty of $500/day for the first 30 days and $1000/day thereafter.
- Bond for $287,300 posted and approved 4 April.
- APPEALED. 7th Circuit denied appeal, and awarded Smith's costs for the appeal, to be paid joint & severally by Paul Duffy, Paul Hansmeier and John Steele.
- AF Holdings vs. Magsumbol
- Prenda Law v. Godfread et al
- Awarded $26,452.50 (requested amount, 7 February) in fees/sanctions on January 23, 2014 (amount to be set June 12, 2014 following filings)
- STATUS: Awaiting rulings/filings.